Changes Are Coming!
Well, as you probably have noticed. I haven't curated an article in over 4 weeks. Until today. Good grief! What the heck is going on?
After 5 years of steady curation I needed a break. And I wanted the time to think deeply about what's happening in the field of business storytelling, ways to reflect these trends, the kinds of articles to curate, and how to reorganize the curation to better serve you.
So here is where my thinking and observations have led me:
- I'm going to focus on the topics of transformational storytelling, storytelling for influence, and data storytelling. These are the biggest needs and trends.
- Transformational Storytelling covers storytelling for leadership, personal development, change, and culture.
- Storytelling for Influence covers presentations, customer relationships and anything to do with how to work with stories for greater influence and impact in your world.
- Data Storytelling sounds dry, but it's a critical need it today's data driven world. There's some great stuff out there about how to tell the story of the data, and lots of junk. Data scientists talk about story, but many make a lot of mistakes. Business storytellers sometimes say things that are going to get us into trouble with the scientists. Over the last 2 years I've been talking to both scientists and academics about the topic. I don't have all the answers, and I'm sure I'm going to make my own mistakes. But I hope to bring more clarity to this hot topic.
- I'm still hunting only for the best articles I can find. It's getting harder to find these. So I may end up curating only a few times a week.
- I'm going to check all the links on the articles in the collection to verify they are still good. I've already stumbled upon a bunch that are not. Give me at least 6 months to do that.
- Over the next 6 months I'm also going to re-tag all of the articles in the collection (2,000+) so everything is easier to search. I'll create a document showing you how to easily search the collection, and post that too.
I'm excited about these changes and still bringing my passion to you! So....new directions and some cleanup work is on the horizon. LOL, this will keep me busy plenty while my business continues to grow :)) Please continue to send me your support and ideas. I love to hear from you.
Many thanks for your patience while I've been going through this re-adjustment/re-focusing process.
I look forward to the new upgraded Just Story It curation and hope you do to! Chat with you soon. All the best,